School Services

Reporting Absences

To report absences, call 410-313-7635 or email

PDF icon notefromhometoschool(1).pdf

Meals: Breakfast and Lunch

Free and Reduced Meals (FARMs)

HCPSS participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. Students from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals. Parents/guardians must submit a new application every school year to maintain their student's eligibility. To apply, go to the HCPSS FARMs webpage.


HCPSS students and families can view menus and nutrition and allergen information for meals served in all HCPSS schools through the Nutrislice website and free smartphone app. Download the Nutrislice mobile app for iOS or Android.

Wellness and Quality

Information on the HCPSS wellness policy and commitment to quality is available online.


Breakfast is free for all students at this school.

Lunch is free for students who qualify for free and reduced meals. Lunch costs $3.30 for all other students.


HCPSS uses, an online meal payment system. This system allows families to easily manage student accounts and make payments online on personal computers and mobile devices.

Student Services

School Counselors:

  • Bettina OliverMcCain: 6th grade and 7th grade

  • Julie Fischer: 8th grade and 7th grade

Pupil Personal Worker (PPW):

  • Tracey Williams

School Counseling Secretary/Registrar: 

  • Kara Burdette

​Data Clerk (HCPSS Connect Assistance):

  • Melissa Lobdell

To make an appointment for registration or Parent/Teacher Conference, please call 410-313-7635.

You may fax correspondence to 410-313-7644.

View more information about what parents need for student registration.

You can download the LEMS student registration form here: File LEMS registration form.docx

Health Room

School Nurse - Kassandra Wanless

Health Assistant - Brandy Wilson

Main office: 410-313-7607

Fax: 410-290-6430

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →